Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Office of Access and Inclusion or OAI?
OAI is a joint office between The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences created in 2014 to recruit, retain, and graduate talented students from historically excluded populations who are currently underrepresented in Engineering and ICS.
Where is OAI located?
200 Rockwell Engineering Center
Phone: (949) 824-2077
Fax: (949) 824-3440 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What services do OAI provide?
We provide a variety of services and programs including:
- Free one-on-one tutoring
- Academic Success Workshops
- Professional Development Workshops
- Mentoring Programs
- Scholarships, Research and Employment opportunities
- Programs designed to help freshmen and transfer-students with their transition from high school or community college to UCI
- Programs designed to help students who are on academic probation to get back into good academic standing with the university
- Assistance for students looking to conduct undergraduate research
- Encouragement and support to students from underrepresented populations pursuing graduate education
- Club Support for Latinos in Science and Engineering (MAES), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Women in Computer Science (WICS), and Filipinos Unifying Student-Engineers in an Orgranized Network (FUSION)
How do I set up an appointment to talk with someone?
- Call us at (949) 824-4334
- Email us at email@example.com
- Stop by our main desk at 200 Rockwell Engineering Center