Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Office of Access and Inclusion or OAI?
OAI is a joint office between The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences created in 2014 to recruit, retain, and graduate talented students from historically excluded populations who are currently underrepresented in Engineering and ICS.
Where is OAI located?
200 Rockwell Engineering Center (Main Office)
201 Rockwell Engineering Center (Study/ Tutoring Center)
Phone: (949) 824-2077
Fax: (949) 824-3440
What services do OAI provide?
We provide a variety of services and programs including:
- Free one-on-one tutoring
- Academic Success Workshops
- Professional Development Workshops
- Mentoring Programs
- Scholarships, Research and Employment opportunities
- Academic and Career Coaching to assist students with questions from "which courses to take" to grad school
- Programs designed to help freshmen and transfer-students with their transition from high school or community college to UCI
- Programs designed to help students who are on academic probation to get back into good academic standing with the university
- Assistance for students looking to conduct undergraduate research
- Encouragement and support to students from underrepresented populations pursuing graduate education
- Club Support for Filipinos Unifying Student-Engineers in an Organized Network (FUSION), Mexican-American Engineering Society (MAES), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE), and Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
How do I set up an appointment to talk with someone?
- Call us at (949) 824-4334
- Email us at email@example.com
- Stop by our main desk at 200 Rockwell Engineering Center
Where can I go to find more about the Student Success Center?
- Visit our website at www.tech.uci.edu/access, like us on Facebook, and follow us on twitter@AccessUCI to get updates on our programs and other services.